Weddings, Wedding VenuesShari Wedding Photography, Best Wedding Photographers in St. Louis - 2013 Bride's Choice Award Winner
 
Weddings, Wedding Venues
2012 Bride's Choice Awards | Best Wedding Photographers, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Florists, Wedding Planners

Friday, July 19, 2013

Over expose it - it's ok!

Shari Photography exposure-
Not enough photographers over expose- sounds a bit naughty.  
I tend to over expose by a 1/3 stop in most images.  I think it makes an image look brighter and adds a lift when I post edit.  This is especially true as I add more black to an image. The contrast of the slightly over exposed whites and the boosting of the blacks adds density to the images  I like.  
For portraits, this works as well by brightening faces which is a very appealing look.  Look at the previous blog post of a Headshot to see what a 1/3 stop over exposure looks like.  
In this scene, I want the whites of the walls to be much brighter so as to contrast the dark shadows of a high midday sun. 
And if you look carefully, you can see me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment